The Empower Learning Center serves alternative program students in the Hinckley-Finlayson District and students in the surrounding districts.
The mission of Empower is to use flexible and innovative methods to educate non-traditional high school students in a supportive and rigorous environment that prepares them for life beyond high school.
Students will be given the opportunity to develop their talents, while being made to realize personal responsibility for achieving full potential. The success of this mission is dependent on student, school, home, and community involvement.
Our mission will be accomplished by creating an individualized and relevant learning environment. Our staffing will consist of two full time teachers and one paraeducator serving a maximum of 24 students.
1. To develop skills in reading, writing, speaking, and listening.
2. To develop pride in work and a feeling of self-worth.
3. To develop good character and self-respect.
4. To learn how to examine and use information.
5. To learn how to be a good citizen.
6. To develop a desire for learning now and in the future.
7. To develop skills to be able to enter the world of work.
8. To learn how to respect and get along with people who
think, dress, and act differently than yourself.
9. To understand and practice democratic ideas and ideals.
10. To learn about and try to understand the changes that take
place in the world.
11. To understand and practice the skills of family living.
12. To learn how to be a good manager of money, property, and
13. To practice and understand the ideas of health and safety.